Pool Deck Makeovers: Ideas and Inspiration
Whether you have a large, in-ground pool or a small, above-ground pool Phoenix Pool Remodel, your pool deck is an important part of your backyard oasis. It’s where you and your family and friends will spend countless hours swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing. So if your pool deck is looking a little tired or outdated, it might be time for a makeover.
Here are some ideas and inspiration to help you get started:
1. Choose the right material.
The first step in any pool deck makeover is to choose the right material. There are many different options available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Concrete: Concrete is a popular choice for pool decks because it is durable and long-lasting. However, it can also be expensive and difficult to install.
- Pavers: Pavers are another popular option for pool decks. They are available in a wide variety of colors and materials, so you can create a unique and stylish look. However, pavers can also be expensive and difficult to install.
- Stamped concrete: Stamped concrete is a more affordable option than pavers, and it can be used to create a variety of different looks, including brick, stone, and wood. However, stamped concrete can be less durable than other materials, and it may need to be resealed every few years.
- Wood: Wood pool decks are warm and inviting, but they require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best. Wood decks are also more susceptible to damage from water and weather than other materials.
2. Add color and texture.
Once you have chosen a material for your pool deck, you can start to think about adding color and texture. This is a great way to create a unique and stylish look for your backyard oasis.
- Color: You can add color to your pool deck with paint, stain, or pavers. If you are using paint or stain, be sure to choose a product that is specifically designed for outdoor use. If you are using pavers, you can choose a variety of different colors to create a unique pattern.
- Texture: Texture can be added to your pool deck with a variety of different materials, such as stamped concrete, pavers, or wood. You can also add texture with plants and flowers.
3. Create different zones.
When designing your pool deck makeover, think about creating different zones. This will help you to maximize the space and make it more functional. For example, you could create a separate zone for swimming, sunbathing, and dining.
You can create different zones by using different materials, furniture, and accessories. For example, you could use pavers to create a swimming zone and concrete to create a sunbathing zone. You could also use different types of furniture to create different zones, such as chaise lounges for sunbathing and dining tables and chairs for dining.
4. Add furniture and accessories.
No pool deck makeover is complete without furniture and accessories. When choosing furniture, be sure to select pieces that are weather-resistant and comfortable. You may also want to consider adding accessories such as umbrellas, cabanas, and fire pits.
Here are some specific furniture and accessory ideas:
- Chaise lounges: Chaise lounges are perfect for sunbathing and relaxing.
- Dining table and chairs: If you plan on dining on your pool deck, you will need a dining table and chairs.
- Umbrella: An umbrella can provide shade from the sun on hot days.
- Cabana: A cabana can provide privacy and shade from the sun.
- Fire pit: A fire pit can be a great place to relax and gather with friends and family on cool evenings.
5. Don’t forget the landscaping.
Landscaping can play an important role in the overall look and feel of your pool deck makeover. When choosing plants, be sure to select plants that are heat-tolerant and drought-resistant. You may also want to consider adding hardscaping elements such as rocks, boulders, and waterfalls.
Here are some specific landscaping ideas:
- Palm trees: Palm trees are a classic pool deck landscaping element.
- Hibiscus: Hibiscus is a colorful flowering shrub that is perfect for pool deck landscaping.
- Waterfalls: Waterfalls can add a touch of luxury to your pool deck.
- Rocks and boulders: Rocks and boulders can add visual interest and texture to your pool deck landscape.
Pool deck makeover tips
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning your pool deck makeover:
- Set a budget. Before you start planning your makeover, it is important to set a budget. This will help you to make realistic choices about materials, furniture, and accessories.